Monday, December 7, 2009


"Put it to them briefly, so they will read it; clearly, so they will appreciate it; picturesquely, so they will remember it; and, above all, accurately, so they will be guided by its light."--Joseph Pulitzer (1847-1911), newspaper publisher

Even though this quote is probably directed more to newspaper writing, I want to talk about my feelings on writing in general. Writing can move people. Have you ever read a book where every time you look at the cover again, thoughts or emotions come back? It's so surprising how simple words, when put together, can have that effect. I'm so grateful that I can learn how to write better and more efficiently in this major. Often times, I find that it just takes practice. Which is why I need to update this blog more. I need the practice. Even if I end up writing press releases all day long, I will want to continue with 'just me' writing. Hooray for putting thoughts down on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment